Friday, June 6, 2008

Losing Weight: A Revelation

Woohoo!!! As of April, about a month and a half, I have lost a total of 36 lbs. I was doing aerobics and controlled diet. I always do Turbo Jam for my workout and I follow the schedule provided with the DVDs. It's really entertaining and makes me very energetic. It was modified to have both high and low impact. I do high impacts to maximize results.

This was really good especially seeing that I definitely lost weight and I lost 9 inches off my waist. It's not bulging anymore. I am starting to need the use of a belt once again and shirts are already loose.

However, the past few days, I noticed I'm not losing weight anymore. Although I'm seeing a lot of definition in my arms and legs and I have the 2 pack out of the 6. I feel weak though. Then I learned that I'm working my body too much. Too much cardio. I practically exercise 5 days then just a single day rest. My knees... gave up. I can't go high impact anymore and I'm losing my metabolism. I then came upon the book "The Truth About Six Pack Abs" and I never knew I still did a few things wrong. First off, I need to gain more lean muscle in order to increase metabolism and burn fat even when resting. I'm now going into P90X, another beachbody product that focuses on muscle building.

I'll be taking a rest from Turbo Jam as it definitely took toll on my left knee. I can't jump as of yet. It hurts quite a lot just to try and stand up. Weight lifting and ab exercise will be my next program. Good luck to all! Take care.

No comments: