Friday, June 20, 2008

Internet : Hell Week for DSL... and it ain't over yet. Globelines is on a roll...

Since June 11, Thursday at around 11 PM, my DSL from Globelines Broadband has been down. I never thought their tech support was almost useless. I've been calling everyday and sometimes more than twice and only 1 was able to show best knowledge. Her name was Daisy. The rest was just plain incompetent. Up to now, my DSL is still down and I am resorting to a super slow Dial Up connection.

Now here's where it really got messed up. It seemed the problem has affected a very wide area and even reached outlying provinces. Then, they said that something is wrong with their facilities. It's obvious. I wasn't asking for that. I was asking for the exact problem and the estimated time of completion.

Come Thursday, June 18, exactly 1 week after the downtime, someone called. Yay! They said I was on the priority list. Well.. guess what. It's already Saturday and nothing's happening. No one called and no one showed up. I sure hope a lot of readers would see this especially from the Philippines. The speed of the DSL is good but after sales support? From a scale of 1 to 10, it's a 2. Tomorrow, I'll be visiting the mall. Their office will get an earful from me. I've been patient enough but this is unreasonable. I've lost time online for myself and my family (we use the net to do video calls with relatives), business, and even my job is affected. I've lost some of my online subscriptions, and some side income as well. We'll see.


No comments: